Building Dept & Code Enforcement

Building Department

The Building Department office for the Town of Triana is located at 640 6th Street, Triana Alabama. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Permit applications can be obtained in person at the office. Fees may be paid via Cash, Check, Credit Card.  

Building Inspector

Barry Davis

Building Codes Adopted

  • 2018 International Residential Code
  • 2018 International Building Code
  • 2018 International Plumbing Code
  • 2018 International Mechanical Code
  • 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
  • 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
  • 2018 International Swimming Pool & Spa Code
  • 2017 National Electric Code
  • 2021 International Fire Code
  • 2015 International Energy Conservation Code

Permit Costs

For residential, see Ordinance 2021-05, 2019-01.

  • New construction $3000/unit
  • Water/Sewer availability fees $3000/unit
  • Subcontractor permits $200
  • Reinspection Fee $100
  • Permit Card Reissue $50
  • Subdivision Inspections $75/inspection
  • Temporary Power Fee $75
  • Accessory Structure Permit Fee $150
  • Accessory Structure Inspection Fee $75

Commercial - Variable, inquire with office.


Inspections may be scheduled by contacting the Building Inspector.

A Certificate of Occupancy is required to establish permanent electrical and natural gas (if applicable) service with Huntsville Utilities. The Town of Triana will provide a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy directly to Huntsville Utilities.  

Mobile Homes

Per the Zoning Ordinance, Mobile Homes may only be located within R-2 zoning districts but may be permitted within R-1 zoning districts with approval of the Board of Adjustments. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the Board of Adjustments via the Town Clerk.  

Mobile Home owners will need to obtain electrical and plumbing permits and inspections prior to issuance of an occupancy permit.  Madison County Health Department Permits will also be required for septic tanks (if applicable) in addition to any required license fees through the County Licensing Department.

Renovations and remodeling to mobile homes may require additional permitting (roofing, siding, HVAC, etc...). Please inquire with the Building Department. 

Regardless of the zoning district, Mobile Homes are limited to no more than 2 per half acre and mobile home courts of 5 or more are restricted to R-2 districts. 


Code Enforcement

Code Enforcement Officer

Barry Davis

Code Enforcement Matters 

  • Weeds & Grass
  • Junk & Scrap
  • House Numbering
  • Unsafe Structures